Learn About The General Types of Security Cameras in Chicago
A security camera is a security camera, right? Nope. Each of them has its own characteristics. So when deciding on security camera installation Chicago, you should consider, where and how you want to use it. There are several types of cameras available for security systems Chicago. Generally speaking, you can choose from fixed, PTZ or 360-degree cameras.
- Fixed camera is the most traditional type among security cameras. As the name indicates, it points in one direction. Of course, you can extend its usability with different housings and additional features. Fixed cameras contain less moving elements and, as result, are inherently more reliable than PTZ.
- PTZ stands for pan, tilt and zoom. This type of camera allows the operator for remote control. Its main advantage is the ability to follow specified object through monitored area with the drawback of facing only one direction at a time.
- Here is where 360-degree camera comes in. Technically, it’s not one camera but several high-resolution cameras mounted in a single setting. 360-degree is a general term, as that type of camera may have lenses covering anything between 90 and 360 degrees view.
Different types of housing allow for adjusting security systems Chicago for particular use:
- outdoor – for increased weather resistance
- dome – when concealing orientation of the camera is priority
- bullet – providing better pictures
- discreet – designed to look like another fixture e.g. smoke detector.
When you’ve chosen an appropriate camera and housing, it’s time to have a look at particular set of features, like:
- low light performance
- lens features – remote zoom and focus, auto-focus i.a.
- advanced features – wireless signal transmission, thermal imaging, ultra-high resolution, etc.
To determine which type of camera and what additional features suit best your needs, contact professional provider of security systems Chicago.